We're almost there...
In times like these it’s more critical than ever to take the time to decompress and find a space in nature where that comes naturally. The good news is that TreeCasa was built with huge spaces all-around, so is naturally set up to give all their own space to breathe. The reception, restaurant, bar, yoga decks and of course tree platforms are all open-air with the famous offshore breezes of the Emerald Coast keeping that air moving. The 36 guest units are spread over 10 acres, each with its own private deck, which allows everyone to get fresh air in private.
And we’ve updated our playbook to ensure that new social distancing and advanced cleaning procedures are a core part of how we operate on a day-to-day basis.
The arrival and check-in process has been made as safe as possible for all guests, while still providing a warm welcome to TreeCasa.
• Upon arrival at the hotel, guests will be invited to disinfect their luggage prior to going to the rooms.
• The reception staff will avoid any physical contact, guests will be given their keys in a designated envelope and have the option of entering their rooms without the usual room orientation provided by staff.
• In line with local government guidelines, your temperature may be taken upon arrival at the property.
• We will only require guests to sign forms when absolutely necessary.
• If multiple parties are checking in at once, proper spacing will be organized so that each group is separated from the other.
Cleaning and Spacing in Public Areas:
We’ve updated cleaning procedures and have used the copious amounts of extra space we have to set up common areas so all guests can comfortably and safely co-exist.
• The restrooms will be cleaned hourly including door handles, faucets, toilet handles, cubicle handles and trash cans.
• High-contact surfaces will be disinfected 5 time per day including: reception tables, door handles, railings, trash cans, etc. Staff will disinfect the working tools that are shared such as: radios, room keys, computers, laptops before their shift change.
• Every 2 hours the tables, chairs, armchairs, benches, etc. that are present in common areas will be disinfected. The waste baskets will be emptied, cleaned and disinfected every 2 hours.
• Sanitization stations are available in all common areas.
• Pool. It is verified daily that the level of residual free chlorine in the swimming pools is in the highest range allowed by the Nicaraguan standard.
• We’ve increased the spacing of dining and other tables to a minimum of 6 feet (2 meters).
Cleaning of Rooms
Prior to new guest arrival:
• Clean and disinfect critical contact points including: all door / window handles, light switches, kitchen sink faucets and taps, air conditioning controls, blind or curtain strings, chests of drawers, in room-service menus, coffee makers, mugs, glasses and other kitchen utensils, door and handle of mini-bar.
During your stay:
• Daily maid service is only on request, but free of charge should guests request it. If requested maid service will include all elements of the New Guest procedure covered above.
Food & Drink
While COVID-19 is not known to be a food-borne disease, our hotel has already implemented systems designed to guarantee food safety. This system already considers good handling and control practices.
In addition we’ve added the following:
• Our tables will be spaced 6 feet (2 meters) apart from one another.
• Our physical menus are cleaned before and after each use.
• As always, masks and gloves, and correct PPE will be worn by all of the restaurant and kitchen staff.
Staff Health Procedures
All Hotel employees will wash their hands or use disinfectant when a sink is not available, every 60 minutes for 20 seconds, and after any of the following activities: using the bathroom, sneezing, touching their face, blowing nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, taking a break, and before or after a shift begins. In addition:
• We’ve implemented employee temperature checks at the start of each shift.
• All of our staff will wear protective masks and glasses at all times.
• All equipment (including housekeeping and maintenance materials) will be cleaned before and after each shift.
• The floor staff will wear masks and maintain the approximate safety distance of 6 ft (2m) when they are not serving tables with clients.
• A health questionnaire that includes temperature checks of employees will be carried out daily
• Any employee exhibiting any potential symptoms of COVID will be sent home or to a healthcare facility for assessment and care.
Guest Health Procedures
Guests will be encouraged to practice social distancing, and reminded to do so by staff in cases where the practice is not being followed to the degree necessary for the safety of all guests and staff. In the event that a guest exhibits COVID-19 symptoms:
• The hotel will provide a surgical mask and place them in an isolation room. In case of not having isolation rooms, the client will wait in their room until evacuation from the hotel.
• Hotel staff will record the relevant data (name, room, type of symptoms, onset of symptoms, use of medications, etc.) and share will local health officials as required.