The Nature Report
Living, building and connecting in concert with the earth
TreeCasa Resort is a paradise not just for humans but also for all those beautiful critters that pollinate our flowers, sing us pretty songs, and give us something unique to appreciate and reflect on.
With over 450 acres containing 40% of native greenland, sustaining an eco friendly and diverse community is a core part of the TreeCasa value system.
Our work in and around the natural environment covers this and more:
- The construction of a watershed and pond to support local wildlife and irrigate citrus groves and gardens
- Designing and building bridges to connect the green pockets and help monkeys and other animals cross the road safely
- Building bee boxes to keep the bee population secure and ready to pollinate
- Maintaining herbal and veggie gardens, citrus and cashew groves to use fresh ingredients in our restaurant and minimize the environmental impacts of shipping
- Contouring and maintaining 21 kilometers of trail systems for use by people, monkeys, and ranchers
- Reforesting native hardwoods
These projects not only helps the environment but are also essential for our health and well being which affects our interpersonal relations, mental state, and – in a cyclical way – our environment.
So the next time you come for a visit, remember to look around and see all the ways nature is influencing your community. In the meantime, stay tuned for more and in-depth nature posts to come…